September 16, 2021Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Creaform’s Measurement Technology Service See the article
For years, Creaform has been dedicated to the educational sector, providing advanced 3D scanning solutions and software to enable researchers to conduct advanced research and teachers to train the engineers and designers of tomorrow.
What is Creaform ACADEMIA?
Creaform ACADEMIA, the company’s affordable educational solution suite, includes a wide range of 3D measurement technologies for many different fields of learning, including science and engineering, applied sciences, industrial design, natural sciences, archaeology, as well as research projects and university service centres.
For teachers, Creaform ACADEMIA features easy-to-use tools and didactic material to allow students to better understand metrology principles and get valuable hands-on experience with professional-grade ACADEMIA 3D scanners. ACADEMIA software is also available to extensively teach about reverse engineering and inspection methods.
For researchers, Creaform ACADEMIA provides powerful metrology-grade 3D measurement technologies (3D scanners or portable CMMs) and other complimentary add-ons for industrial research projects. As with the teaching offer, Creaform ACADEMIA for researchers is also comprised of Creaform’s reverse engineering and inspection software modules.
Creaform ACADEMIA takes on the world of research and education in the Czech Republic
3D Scan, one of Creaform’s strategic partners in Europe, has been making impressive inroads with 3D measurement technologies in educational institutions and research centres across the Czech Republic. Multiple projects have been completed or are currently underway with many of Creaform ACADEMIA solutions. Read on to learn about these amazing projects!
Teaching 3D scanning and metrology to Czech students
- SPŠ,SOŠ a SOU, a vocational school located in Czech city of Hradec Králové, recently taught students how to use the ACADEMIA 10 3D scanner, along with VXmodel software, to scan students’ statuettes in order to make a copy of them using 3D printers.
- The Faculty of Medicine at Charles University, situated in Prague and one of the oldest universities in Europe, got students acquainted with 3D measurement technologies during a weekend seminar thanks to ACADEMIA 10.
- A UNESCO Associated School, the Applied Arts Secondary Vocational School of Glassmaking in Valašské Meziříčí chose ACADEMIA 20 to 3D scan handmade glass works and adjust the 3D models for 3D printing in different sizes.
- A vocational school for automotive and technical engineering, based in České Budějovice, gave students the opportunity to use ACADEMIA 50 3D scanners as well as Vxmodel and VXinspect software modules to reverse engineer and inspect auto parts.
- The Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague taught students to use ACADEMIA 50 3D scanners to scan objects to generate and make changes to 3D models with the end goal of scaling them for production.
Conducting fascinating research thanks to Creaform ACADEMA
- The Institute of Geonics of the Czech Academy of Sciences selected Creaform’s Go!SCAN SPARK 3D scanner to carry out research and development to assess the behaviour of rocks and other materials.
- The VSB – Technical University of Ostrava, a polytechnics university in the Moravian-Silesian region, conducted research on an electric car and performed numerical simulations with Creaform’s HandySCAN 3D | BLACK 3D scanner to determine the effects of weather conditions on the vehicle.
- Creaform’s HandySCAN 3D | SILVER 3D scanner allowed researchers at the Faculty of Physical Education and Sports at Charles University to scan body parts for analyses.
- CULS Prague Formula Racing scanned engine parts and developed additional components with the HandySCAN 3D | BLACK 3D scanner.
To better prepare students for their future careers and assist researchers in their cutting-edge projects, universities and colleges need to rely on the most advanced metrology equipment and software available. With Creaform ACAEMIA, educational institutions can offer specialized training and tools that leverage the tremendous potential of 3D scanning in numerous industries and sectors. The only limit to teaching or using metrology is educators’ imaginations!