October 29, 2006
Levis, Canada, October 30th, 2006 - CREAFORM releases Version 1.2 of its VXScan Capture Software during its Annual User Group Meeting, October 26 and 27, 2006. A big number of existing end-users and successful distribution companies currently using the Handyscan 3D were present for the launching.
Marco St-Pierre, Product Director at Creaform as well as scan specialists at Creaform kicked off the first day of the user meeting by highlighting the numerous new features that will help existing and future customers improve their design process. Some of the new features are:
- Automatic Isolated Patches Remover – Capable of removing the unwanted noise after scans, around the part or in portions of a piece. Capable of automatically selecting or adjusting the sensitivity of the cleaning feature. Removed parts or sections that are not in contact with the main part. Capable of locking or protecting parts or selections to be deleted.
- Improved Surface Reconstruction for Thin Surfaces – Capable of rebuilding very thin parts such as sheet metal.
- Clearer and Sharper Boundaries – Improved resolution when scanning thin parts, holes, etc. Added precision at the time of rebuilding surfaces and boundaries, brings precision closer to reality (assembly applications), increased overall resolution, by increasing number of triangles in the polygon mesh.
- Targets Import – Possibility to import targets acquired with photogrametry systems.
- Support for User Selectable Measurement Units – Possibility to use the metric system as well as the English system (mm, inches, feet…). This feature will improve VXScan’s compatibility with other CAD systems in the market.
- Reference Adapters – It is now possible to easily compare two parts with the use of references targets. An X, Y, Z, reference can now be created anywhere in or around the part being scanned.
Creaform has a well defined and dynamic development plan, so new exiting features in addition to the ones added in version 1.2 will become available on a regular basis, as part of our commitment to existing and new end-users of offering the latest and best technology; core of our strategy to continue pursuing the goal of rapidly situating ourselves as the world leader in portable non-contact digitizing technology.
Creaform develops scanning and 3D digital solutions for reverse engineering, product development and inspection applications including CAD/CAE/CAM applications and portable CMM.
Creaform develop and sell the Handyscan 3D, the first self-position hand-held 3D laser camera. This state-of-the-art scanner gives real time 3D rendering visualization and the file can be exported in any standard format.