The C-Track dual-camera sensor is a complete portable 3D measurement solution that offers probing inspection and dynamic measurement capabilities. It is fitted with high-quality optics and special lighting, enabling it to measure all reflectors within its operating space. The probing stylus is very useful for aligning parts with respect to a referential (calculated using a group of reflectors), which allows movement or deformation monitoring directly on the part’s referential.
As its name implies, the C-track tracks the reference model of the whole system, and it ensures the accurate localization of the HandyPROBE portable coordinate measuring machine (PCMM) or the MetraSCAN 3D optical CMM scanners. It performs continuous image acquisition and transmission, lighting of reflectors, management of exchanges with the computer and storage of sensor parameters.
Dynamic tracking is a key component of the TRUaccuracy technology, which guarantees the highest precision there is. Thanks to this feature, the C-Track can be used to measure positions and orientations in space simultaneously and continuously, and with great precision. This makes it possible to control displacements, drive assembly processes or measure deformations.
Ensures highly-accurate measurements, regardless of the measurement environment (instability, vibrations, thermal variation, etc.) or operator skills.
Simultaneous measuring of the set of reflectors, which leads to increased 6 DOF precision (position and orientation).
Complete inspection and dynamic measurement solution
Passive, wireless, low cost and ultralight reflectors
Reflectors weigh only 1 g. They are available in adhesive or magnetic versions and 100% compatible with photogrammetric measures (for resetting with a global measure in the case of large equipment).
- Rate of up to 24,000 3D points per second with oversampling (3000 without oversampling)
- 6 DOF measuring (position and orientation) of a rigid set of reflectors
- Synchronous measurement of the reflector set
- Measuring volume from 3.8 to 14.8 m3 (133 ft3 to 518 ft3)
- 1 unique system for 3D inspection and 3D dynamic measurement
- Real-time curve display in VXelements
- Export to .csv format
- API for interfacing with third-party applications
- Acquisition synchronization capability through external trigger input
The C-Track comes with VXelements, a fully-integrated 3D data acquisition software that powers its entire fleet of portable 3D probing and measurement technologies. It gathers all the essential elements and tools into a uniform, user-friendly and intuitive working environment.
The new VXtrack module adds dynamic tracking capability to the C-Track dual camera sensor. It can now record 30-3D images-per-second of a reflector or sets of reflectors in real time for the study of a variety of applications involving motion tracking. Such applications include:
- Track a robotic arm
- Track assembly operations
- Track tools path
- Low-frequency vibration analysis
- Capture of movement
The module offers a graphic interface allowing to analyze results or export data files in the current formats most widely used.
VXelements is now compatible with your tablet and intelligent phone! No matter where you are, you can remotely interact with VXelements and have all its data acquisition functionalities at your fingertips. This is freedom at its best!
- Assembly control and monitoring
- Deformation monitoring (wings, landing gears, tires)
- Movement monitoring on running parts (engine, exhaust, wheels)
- Dynamic process control (closing of doors and hood)
- Deformation monitoring (chassis, seats)
- Crash test preparation (pre-positioning)
- On-site calibration and assessment
- Real-time course correction
- Computerized guidance of assemblies
- Motion capture
It is possible to network 2 to 4 C-Track sensors and use them with a HandyPROBE portable CMM to get access and benefit from the C-Link functionality, which allows simultaneous tracking of deformations and displacements on large objects or on several sides of a complex object.