What the industry needs
To avoid costly pipeline failures, inspections are performed to assess the pipeline degradation and remaining service life.
Pipeline operators and NDT service companies are facing increasing pressure from regulatory authorities and environmentalist groups to guarantee the pipeline network’s integrity, while wanting to keep maintenance costs as low as possible. Considering these factors, they need to look for portability, measurement speed, data storage, and repeatability in their choice of an inspection tool.
Pipecheck software module for pipeline corrosion assessment
Creaform’s solution is comprised of a HandySCAN 3D laser scanner and the Pipecheck data acquisition/analysis software. Pipecheck is an innovative, intuitive and highly-effective approach to pipeline corrosion inspection, and it represents the best alternative on the market to traditional NDT methods for this application.
Benefits of the solution
TRUaccuracy: Accurate measurements in real life operating conditions
- Metrology-grade measurements: A dynamic link between the pipe and scanner preserves accuracy and resolution in any field conditions, including vibrating environment.
- High quality results: within a ± 50 micron accuracy.
- TRUaccuracy on the pipe: Enhanced virtual pit gauge capabilities. Pit gauge configuration automatically adapted near welds to ensure the most accurate measurements.
- In-line Correlation: Assess ILI performances by comparing pig data against Pipecheck data to help determine with more precision the sites that actually need to be dug.
- Corrosion depth inside a mechanical damage: Unique and sophisticated tools to extract corrosion depth inside a mechanical damage.
TRUportability: 3D scanning wherever you need to go
- On-the-go scanning: Take it from place to place or use it in-house or on-site.
- Lightweight and small: weighs 0.85 kg; can reach confined areas. Fits into a carry-on.
Speed: Fastest path from physical objects to your design or inspection workflow
- Scanning speed: 80 times faster than pit gauge technique.
- Self-positioning device: No need for encoders or bulky mechanical scanners to reference the data.
- On-site reporting: Results generated within a few minutes.
TRUsimplicity: Very simple 3D scanning process
- User-friendly: The scanning process and analysis are intuitive and accurate, regardless of the inspector's skills.
- Follows code regulation (ASME B31G)
- Real time visualization: Thanks to VXremote, the Creaform optimized remote desktop application, data acquisition can be viewed in real time.
- Flexible: Makes it possible to reach confined areas
- Simple: Easy and quick to learn.
- Automatically-applied interaction rules.
- 3D and 2D color mapping with river-bottom path overlay.
- 2D section generation in both axis.
- Worst-case-profile generated for all corrosion features.
- Estimated burst pressure calculation based on ASME B31G code (B31G, B31G Modified and Effective Area methods).
- Corrosion depth measurement, dimensions and position on the pipe.
- “Depth-on-the-fly”: simply drag the mouse over point to obtain local corrosion depth measurement.
- Gouge and redressed gouge inspection.
- Point-to-point distance measurement directly in the 3D model.
- Enhanced virtual pit gauge capabilities
- Corrosion near welds supported
- Internal & external assessment
- Customizable depths (Excel Export)
- Pre-determined view
- Volume of material loss calculated