The HandyPROBE portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM) arm-free probing system generates high-accuracy measurements (accuracy of up to 22 µm), and also increases the reliability and speed of the measurement process.
Compared to other existing coordinate measurement technologies, the HandyPROBE portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM) gives you total freedom of movement, allowing for significant increase in productivity and quality of work.
The C-Track dual-camera sensors
The C-Track dual-camera sensors are fitted with high quality optics and special lighting, enabling them to measure all reflectors within their operating space. In addition to tracking the whole system’s reference model, the C-Track ensure the exact localization of the HandyPROBE, perform continuous image acquisition and transmission, lighting of reflectors, management of the exchanges with the computer and storage of the sensor parameters.
Highly-accurate measurements: up to 22 µm accuracy, regardless of the measurement environment (instability, vibrations, thermal variation, etc.) or operator skills.
Automatic alignment: alignment is automatically done using optical reflectors; it allows probing of many identical parts in rapid succession.
Greater measurement volume: compared to other portable CMM systems, the HandyPROBE offers a greater basic measurement volume.
Extendable measurement volume: The volume can be easily and dynamically extended with no loss in accuracy - and without any conventional leapfrog or additional alignment set-up involved. No need for the operator to re-align the data after moving the part or the C-Track, which leads in less set-ups and error accumulation.
Excellent ROI: yields considerable productivity and money gains. Measurement errors can be reduced by up to 75%, and control time by a factor of 10.
Truly portable device: the portability of the HandyPROBE makes it possible to inspect or reverse engineer parts, sub-units or complex assemblies with unequalled precision, mobility and flexibility - no matter where (lab, factory, off-site, etc.).
Lightweight: weighing about 1 lb., it can be used during extended periods of time without causing musculo-skeletal problems.
Faster and easier measurement: handheld, armless device and wireless data transmission process that allow the user to move freely around the part.
User friendly: easy to learn, intuitive system with a very short learning curve – you can keep using the same metrology software and probing techniques! 5-minute installation. Makes it possible to measure parts in production without having to align every part.
The HandyPROBE CMM come with VXelements and the VXprobe module, a fully-integrated 3D data acquisition software that powers its entire fleet of probing and measurement technologies. It gathers all the essential elements and tools into a uniform, user-friendly and intuitive working environment.
The VXprobe module allows the user to interact with the data acquired using a HandyPROBE and to share that data with either other VXelements components or third-party software.
With VXprobe, the user can:
- Access to the calibration functions of both the HandyPROBE and the C-Track,
- Share alignment data and positioning features with other VXelements components,
- Perform elemental metrology functions like:
- Simple touch-point measurement
- Touch-point measurement of basic geometrical entities such as planes, circles, polygons, etc.
- Geometric calculations such as angles and distances
- Connect to other third-party metrology software
- Power Generation
- Export measurement results to an IGES file
VXelements is now compatible with your tablet and intelligent phone! No matter where you are, you can remotely interact with VXelements and have all its data acquisition functionalities at your fingertips. This is freedom at its best!
- BuildIT Software & Solutions (BuildIT)
- Delcam (PowerINSPECT)
- Geomagic (Studio and Qualify)
- InnovMetrics Software (PolyWorks Inspector)
- Inspect 3D (Inca 3D)
- Metrologic (Metrolog XG and V5)
- New River Kinematic (SpatialAnalyzer)
- Rapidform (XOR and XOV)
- Verisurf (VerisurfMeasure)
- Wenzel Metromec (Metrosoft CM)
Your software platform isn’t in the list? Contact us!
- Part-to-CAD analysis
- First article and supplier quality inspection
- Conformity assessment of 3D models against the original parts/production tooling
- Conformity assessment of manufactured parts against the originals
- Tooling certification
- Multi-shot measurement (up to 30 points/sec.)
- When used with a MetraSCAN 3D optical CMM scanner, allows full free form inspection and generates high density color maps
- Reverse engineering of geometrical entities (spheres, cylinders, planes)
- When used with a MetraSCAN 3D optical CMM scanner, allows faster and more accurate reverse engineering of mixed parts (geometrical and free-form)
The HandyPROBE works with the C-Track dual-camera sensor. When it is networked with 2 to 4 C-Track, it gives access to the C-Link functionality, which drastically increases the measurement speed and ease-of-use of the system.