The HandyPROBE arm-free probing system generates high-accuracy measurements (accuracy of up to 22 µm), and outperforms traditional portable CMMs on the shop floor. The HandyPROBE portable CMM is currently used on the production lines of major players from the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries.
- Insensitive to changes in the environment (vibrations, part displacement, set-up or CMM instability have no impact)
- Highly efficient at measuring parts that can’t be moved to a granite or cast iron table
- Ideal for geometric and surface quality control
- If offers scanning capabilities when paired with a MetraSCAN 3D scanner
- Part size range : 1-3 meters, any type of materials
- Extendable measurement range up to 10 m
- Truly portable and wireless
The HandyPROBE portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM) has been developed to increase the reliability and speed of the measurement process.
Because it features the TRUaccuracy technology with dynamic referencing, the HandyPROBE PCMM is particularly efficient when used directly on the shop floor, as measurement accuracy is completely insensitive to vibrations or other changes in the environment.
Compared to other existing coordinate measurement technologies such as measuring arms and CMMs, the HandyPROBE arm-free probing system gives you total freedom of movement, allowing for significant increase in productivity and quality of work.
HandyPROBE PCMM vs. Articulated Arms
|Higher Measurement Accuracy in Shop Floor Conditions|
|Dynamic Referencing Capability (TRUaccuracy Technology)|
|Self-calibration using traceable certified artefact (TRUaccuracy technology)|
|Accuracy continuous monitoring (TRUaccuracy technology)|
|Remains accurate in dusty environments|
|Continuous monitoring of temperature|
|Automatic alignment functionality (time saving)|
|Dynamic measurement mode|
|No physical link between probe and system (total freedom of movement)|
|Extendable Measurement Volume|
|Increased accuracy in subvolumes|
|Easy volume extension (automatic leapfrog)|
|Weight (measuring equipment alone)|
|Weight (including tripod and case)|
|Software compatibility - Major metrology software availability|
|Up to 16µm (1)(0.001 in.)|
|Up to 12 m3 (420 ft3) (2)|
|> 7 kg|
|> 50 kg|
|Up to 22 µm (0.001 in.)|
|Up to 14.8 m3 (518 ft3)|
|450 g (3) / 4 kg (4)|
|< 30 kg|
The C-Track dual-camera sensors
The C-Track dual-camera sensors are fitted with high quality optics and special lighting, enabling them to measure all reflectors within their operating space. In addition to tracking the whole system’s reference model, the C-Track ensure the exact localization of the HandyPROBE, perform continuous image acquisition and transmission, lighting of reflectors, management of the exchanges with the computer and storage of the sensor parameters.
When it is networked with 2 to 4 C-Tracks, the HandyPROBE gives access to the C-Link functionality, which drastically increases the measurement speed and ease-of-use of the system.
Highly-accurate measurements: up to 22 µm accuracy, regardless of the measurement environment (instability, vibrations, thermal variation, etc.) or operator skills.
Automatic alignment: alignment is automatically done using optical reflectors; it allows probing of many identical parts in rapid succession.
Greater measurement volume: compared to other portable CMM systems, the HandyPROBE offers a greater basic measurement volume.
Extendable measurement volume: The volume can be easily and dynamically extended with no loss in accuracy - and without any conventional leapfrog or additional alignment set-up involved. No need for the operator to re-align the data after moving the part or the C-Track, which leads in less set-ups and error accumulation.
Excellent ROI: yields considerable productivity and money gains. Measurement errors can be reduced by up to 75%, and control time by a factor of 10.
Truly portable device: the portability of the HandyPROBE makes it possible to inspect or reverse engineer parts, sub-units or complex assemblies with unequalled precision, mobility and flexibility - no matter where (lab, factory, off-site, etc.).
Lightweight: weighing about 1 lb., it can be used during extended periods of time without causing musculo-skeletal problems.
Faster and easier measurement: handheld, armless device and wireless data transmission process that allow the user to move freely around the part.
User friendly: easy to learn, intuitive system with a very short learning curve – you can keep using the same metrology software and probing techniques! 5-minute installation. Makes it possible to measure parts in production without having to align every part.
The VXprobe module allows the user to interact with the data acquired using a HandyPROBE and to share that data with either other VXelements components or third-party software.
With VXprobe, the user can:
- Access to the calibration functions of both the HandyPROBE and the C-Track,
- Share alignment data and positioning features with other VXelements components,
- Perform elemental metrology functions like:
- Simple touch-point measurement
- Touch-point measurement of basic geometrical entities such as planes, circles, polygons, etc.
- Geometric calculations such as angles and distances
- Connect to other third-party metrology software
- Power Generation
- Export measurement results to an IGES file
- BuildIT Software & Solutions (BuildIT)
- Delcam (PowerINSPECT)
- 3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions)
- InnovMetrics Software (PolyWorks Inspector)
- Inspect 3D (Inca 3D)
- Metrologic (Metrolog X4 and V5)
- New River Kinematic (SpatialAnalyzer)
- Verisurf (VerisurfMeasure)
- Wenzel Metromec (Metrosoft CM)
Your software platform isn’t in the list? Contact us!
- Part-to-CAD analysis
- First article and supplier quality inspection
- Conformity assessment of 3D models against the original parts/production tooling
- Conformity assessment of manufactured parts against the originals
- Tooling certification
- Multi-shot measurement (up to 30 points/sec.)
- When used with a MetraSCAN 3D optical CMM scanner, allows full free form inspection and generates high density color maps
- Reverse engineering of geometrical entities (spheres, cylinders, planes)
- When used with a MetraSCAN 3D optical CMM scanner, allows faster and more accurate reverse engineering of mixed parts (geometrical and free-form)