What the industry needs
Pipelines in service need to be inspected on-site to assess the level of denting or gouging that they have suffered, as well as their remaining service life.
While pipeline network’s integrity must be insured, costs also need to be kept as low as possible. Considering these factors, pipelines operators are looking for portability, measurement speed, data storage, and repeatability when choosing an inspection device.
Pipecheck software module for pipeline mechanical damage assessment
Creaform’s solution includes a HandySCAN 3D laser scanner and the Pipecheck data acquisition/analysis software for mechanical damage assessment. Pipecheck is an innovative, intuitive and highly-effective alternative to traditional NDT methods most widely-used in this field.
Benefits of the solution
TRUaccuracy: Accurate measurements in real life operating conditions
- Metrology-grade measurements: A dynamic link between the pipe and scanner preserves accuracy and resolution in any field vibrating environment.
- High quality results: within a ± 50 micron accuracy.
- TRUaccuracy on the pipe: Enhanced virtual pit gauge capabilities. Pit gauge configuration automatically adapted near welds to ensure the most accurate measurement.
TRUportability: 3D scanning where you need to go
- On-the-go scanning: take it from place to place or use it in-house or on-site.
- Lightweight and small: weights 0.85 kg, can reach confined areas. Fits into a carry-on.
Speed: Fastest path from physical objects to your design or inspection workflow
- Scanning speed: 80 times faster than pit gauge technique.
- Self-positioning device: No need for encoders or bulky mechanical scanners to reference the data.
- On-site reporting: Results generated within a few minutes.
TRUsimplicity: Overly simple 3D scanning process
- User-friendly: Both the scanning process and the analysis are intuitive, whatever the inspector’s skills.
- Follows code regulation (ASME B31G)
- Real-time visualization: Thanks to VXremote, the Creaform optimized remote desktop application, data acquisition can be viewed in real time.
- Flexible: Makes it possible to reach confined areas
- Simple: Very short learning curve.
- Radius measurement.
- Maximum depth measurement using straight edge technique in both directions.
- Automatic maximum depth detection.
- Automatic creation of 2D cross-sections in both directions at maximum depth.
- Intuitive cross-section creation tool.
- 3D and 2D color mapping of damaged area.
- Visualization tool to increase dent shape understanding.
- Depth-over-diameter ratio.
- Maximum diameter at 90 degrees of the dent.
- Length and width measurement for each dent.
- Multiple dent analysis.
- Internal & external assessment
- Customizable depths (Excel Export)
- Pre-determined view