The Handyscan 3D portable laser scanning technology has proven to be reliable, accurate and very easy to use. Using triangulation and binocular vision, the Handyscan 3D scanner can actually self-position itself to a unique dynamic referencing system on the pipeline, which ensures high measurement repeatability and accuracy. The resulting 3D scan is perfectly scaled to be representative of the real geometry and allows easy visualization of surface defects.
Looking for the most efficient way to scan? The REVscan will prove to be a reliable tool that will help you get there.
The EXAscan offers increased accuracy and resolution. It is the most versatile 3D scanner on the market for surface inspection and demanding scanning projects.
- Dynamic referencing makes it possible to move the part during the 3D scanning session, so there is no need for a rigid set-up.
- Generates accurate, repeatable, high resolution 3D data (0.040-0.050 mm).
- Self-positioning device. No need to use a coordinate measuring machine (CMM), measuring arm or any other external positioning device.
- Very short learning curve, no matter the user’s experience level.
- Up and running in less than 2 minutes.
- There are no mechanical constraints.
- Flexible stand-off distance, which make it possible to reach confined areas.
- Real-time visualization of the scanned surface.
- Fits into a case the size of a carry-on.
- Take it from plant to plant and use it in-house or on site.
- The scanner weights about 1 kg.
Step 1 – Prep the surface
Calibrate scanner and set acquisition parameters. Apply adhesive reflective targets on the surface of interest.
Step 2 – Scan the surface
Start data acquisition process. Simply hold the scanner at about 25 cm from the pipe surface, and pull the trigger to acquire data on the corroded areas that need inspecting. Move the scanner along the surface so as to cover the whole area of interest.
Step 3 – Export the results
Use the Handyscan 3D laser scanner’s Direct Mesh File Output feature to generate a surface mesh file instantly.
Rugged Field Pack with Wireless Tablet
Creaform has designed a complete accessory package for companies looking for optimal field performance. Our rugged Field Pack includes a wireless tablet for real time visualization of the scanned surfaces. It also has 3 compatible power sources to choose from: Creaform battery pack with charger*, 110/220V direct input or car battery.
- Certified laptop computer
- Pelican rugged laptop casing
- Wireless tablet
- One Creaform battery pack with charger
- Magnetic support for scanner
- Magnetic support for tablet
- Tripod for Pelican case
- 8-m FireWire cable
- FireWire adapter (ExpressCard 54mm)
- Dolly for tripod
- Car battery cables for emergency power
*When used with the Creaform battery pack, the rugged Field Pack offers 8-hour autonomy.