Part of the MetraSCAN 3D line-up, the robot-mounted MetraSCAN-R optical CMM 3D scanning systems are fast and accurate scanning solutions designed for 3D automated inspection of parts on the production line and on the shop floor. In combination with industrial robots, the MetraSCAN-R series increases the reliability, speed and versatility of on-line inspection and quality control (QC) process.
The MetraSCAN-R series of optical CMM 3D scanners stand as an innovative robotized solution that can be integrated into factory automation projects and guarantee optimal dimensional measurement accuracy and speed, which translates into increased productivity and product quality.
The MetraSCAN-R work with the C-Track dual-camera sensor. It is also possible to network the MetraSCAN-R scanners with 2 to 4 C-Track 780 to benefit from the C-Link functionality and drastically increase the versatility of the system.
The MetraSCAN 70-R offers increased resolution. It is ideal for projects where geometrical feature definition is key, such as sheet metal and tooling inspection.
Because it features extended scanning surface, the MetraSCAN 210-R offers increased measurement speed with equal accuracy. Its increased stand-off and depth of field make for enhanced scanning speed and flexibility.
Fast: Automated inspection and quality control of up to a few hundred parts per day, directly on the production line.
Versatile: The solution can be fully configured and programmed (inspection programs) to meet inspection automation projects requirements for parts of various sizes and shapes.
Highly-accurate measurements: Accuracy of up to 0.085 mm in real-life, shop floor conditions (no matter instability, vibrations, thermal variation, etc.). Accuracy of dimensional measurements is determined by the optical CMM scanner and is independent from the robot.
Automatic alignment: Instant and reliable alignment phase. Optical reflectors allow automatic detection of the part alignment.
Dynamic referencing: With the C-Track’s dynamic referencing mode, the coordinate system can be literally “locked” onto the part being measured, thus maintaining part alignment during the entire scanning process.
Self-calibration: fast calibration process using a certified gauge, which ensures constant accuracy during the MetraSCAN-R entire life cycle.
Continuous monitoring of parameters: Monitoring of parameters such as temperature and accuracy ensure constant device accuracy during entire useful life.
VXelements Data Acquisition Software
The MetraSCAN-R robot-mounted optical CMM scanners are powered by Creaform’s VXelements data acquisition software, interfaced with Metrologic’s X4 i-Robot.Thanks to VXelements, the Creaform MetraSCAN-R 3D scanners generate a surface quality that compares very favourably with other high end scanning devices on the market. Because they combine Creaform’s 3D scanning capabilities with the robot-driving and inspection capabilities of Metrologic’s i-Robot software solution, the MetraSCAN-R series represents a high end automated scanning solution.
- ApplicationsSurface optimization algorithm;
- Optimized meshing output;
- No limitation to the scan resolution: it can be changed at any time before or after the scan;
- Recreation of a meshing from raw data previously acquired;
- Real-time surface rendering;
- Optimization of the meshing such as hole filling, smart decimation (without definition loss on the meshing), or boundary filters.
Metrologic’s X4 i-Robot Metrology Software
X4 i-Robot production metrology solution is perfectly suited for applications requiring flexibility and productivity while providing high metrological accuracy.
- Robot movements perfectly synchronized with measurement.
- Robot trajectory entirely controlled by Metrolog X4 part program.
- On-line inspection in mass production, up to a few hundreds parts/day
- On-line inspection of parts ranging from 0.5 to 3 meters in size
- Part-to-CAD analysis
- Supplier product quality inspection
- Conformity assessment of 3D models against original parts or production tooling
- Conformity assessment of manufactured parts against originals