The arm-free handheld MetraSCAN 3D optical CMM scanning systems are the most accurate scanning and probing solutions on the market, whether in lab or on the shop floor. Combined with the HandyPROBE, this complete and powerful solution increases the reliability, speed and versatility of the measurement process, whether for metrology or large-scale reverse engineering applications.
The MetraSCAN 3D scanners make it possible to easily and dynamically extend the measurement volume with no loss of accuracy. Compared to other 3D scanners on articulated arms, they allow total freedom of movement, which translates into increased productivity and quality.
The C-Track dual-camera sensors
The C-Track dual-camera sensors are fitted with high quality optics and special lighting, enabling them to measure all reflectors within their operating space. In addition to tracking the whole system’s reference model, the C-Tracks ensure the exact localization of the HandyPROBE, perform continuous image acquisition and transmission, lighting of reflectors, management of the exchanges with the computer and storage of the sensor parameters.
Highly-accurate measurements: accuracy of up to 0.085 mm, no matter the measurement environment (instability, vibrations, thermal variation, etc.) or operator skills.
Greater measurement volume: compared with 3D scanners on articulated arms, the MetraSCAN 3D scanners allow a greater basic measurement volume (7.8 m3/273 sq ft).
Extendable measurement volume: Volume can be easily and dynamically extended with no loss of accuracy and without any conventional leapfrog or additional alignment set-up involved. No need for the operator to re-align data after moving the part or the C-Track.
Automatic alignment: manual operation is no longer needed during the alignment phase and root cause errors are drastically reduced. Optical reflectors allow scanning and probing many identical parts in rapid succession.
Dynamic referencing: With the C-Track’s dynamic referencing mode, the coordinate system can be literally “locked” onto the part being measured, thus maintaining part alignment during the entire scanning process.
User calibration: fast calibration process using a certified gauge, which ensures constant accuracy during the MetraSCAN 3D entire life cycle.
Continuous monitoring of parameters: Monitoring of parameters such as temperature and accuracy ensure constant device accuracy during entire useful life.
No rigid set-up required: allows inspection or reverse engineering of a part “as is” and on-site, without any preparation, jigs or specific tooling - even if suspended under a crane!
Fast and easy measurement: handheld and armless. Intuitive system with a very short learning curve. 5-minute installation. Allows the measurement of parts in production without having to align every part.
Scanning and probing capabilities: complete and powerful metrology and reverse engineering solution that allows geometrical and freeform inspection and scanning on the same part.
Handheld and ergonomic design: The 100% portability of the MetraSCAN 3D makes it possible to inspect or reverse engineer parts, sub-units or complex assemblies with unequalled precision, mobility and flexibility - no matter where (lab, factory, off-site, etc.).
The MetraSCAN 3D scanners come with VXelements and the VXscan module, a fully-integrated 3D data acquisition software that powers its entire fleet of 3D scanning and measurement technologies. It gathers all the essential elements and tools into a uniform, user-friendly and intuitive working environment.
VXscan is entirely dedicated to the acquisition and optimization of 3D scanning data. It delivers high performance for that specific task, yet it is simple and user-friendly enough to suit any user's experience level.
- Offers a surface optimization algorithm that avoids the creation of multiple scan layers and ensures a more accurate meshing without any post-treatment. The output is an optimized meshing that can be exported in all standard formats;
- No limitation to the scan resolution: just input a resolution value, independent from the size of the scanned object. Resolution can be changed at any time before or after the scan. The software can recreate a meshing from the raw data previously acquired;
- Surface is rendered in real time (the user can view the 3D surface as the object is being scanned);
- The creation, from the meshing, of geometrical entities;
- Several other functions related to the optimization of the meshing such as hole filling, smart decimation (without definition loss on the meshing), or boundary filters.
VXmodel: Scan-to-CAD software module
VXmodel is a post-treatment software that directly integrates into VXelements and seamlessly allows to finalize 3D scan data for use directly in any CAD or 3D printing software. VXmodel provides the simplest and fastest path from 3D scans to your CAD or additive manufacturing workflow.
VXremote: Remote access software application
VXremote improves your efficiency in the field by providing fast and easy remote access to VXelements. It offers quick activation and set-up and requires no hardware or server to install or maintain. You can have all its data acquisition functionalities at your fingertips... Available only with the Creaform Certified Rugged Tablet!
- 3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions)
- InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks)
- Dassault (CATIA V5, SolidWorks)
- Delcam (PowerINSPECT)
- BuildIT (Build!IT)
- Metrologic (Metrolog X4, V5)
- New River Kinematics (SpatialAnalyzer)
- PTC (Pro/ENGINEER)
- Siemens (NX and Solid Edge)
- Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage)
- Verisurf (VerisurfMeasure)
Your software platform isn’t in the list? Contact us!
- Part-to-CAD analysis
- First article inspection
- Supplier product quality inspection
- Conformity assessment of 3D models against original parts or production tooling
- Conformity assessment of manufactured parts against originals
- Tooling certification
- 3D scan-to-CAD
- 3D modeling
- Tooling and jig development
- Maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO)
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
The MetraSCAN 3D optical CMM 3D scanners work with the C-Track dual-camera sensor. It is also possible to network the MetraSCAN scanners with 2 to 4 C-Track and benefit from the C-Link functionality, which drastically increases the measurement speed and ease-of-use of the system.