VXmodel is a post-treatment software that directly integrates into VXelements, and enables finalizing 3D scan data to use directly in any 3D printing or CAD software. VXmodel provides the simplest and fastest path from 3D scans to your computer-aided design or additive manufacturing workflow.
A great addition to any Creaform 3D scanner, VXmodel is simple but powerful, including only the features necessary to complement your CAD software. You already have all the design and modeling capabilities in your software: VXmodel only provides the tools you need for a quick and seamless integration into your scan-based design process.
VXmodel provides simple, yet efficient tools required to prepare the 3D scan mesh for reverse engineering or 3D printing.
- Clean meshes
- Fill holes
- Merge meshes
- Decimate meshes
- Make meshes watertight
Scans must be aligned to the coordinate system before export, a simple but crucial finalization step. The VXmodel alignment tool highly flexible, straightforward and not limiting.
- Use datum/entities suited to the design needs
- Best fit alignment
VXmodel enables you to easily generate NURBS surfaces for characterizing freeform surfaces. Primitive entities can be easily extracted from the mesh to complete the design in a CAD software.
- Auto surface
- Manual surface
- Entities from plan to slot by cross‑section
Export to any CAD platform using standard format (.iges, .step, .dxf)
- Transfer parametric entities in your CAD software with a simple right‑click
- Direct transfer to:
|Multiple Measurement Mode|
|Transfer to CAD software|
|Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)|
|Tracking 3D Target Model|
Our application software modules are all offered in the following licensing options: node-lock licence, hardware dongle licence and network licence.
Looking to shorten your product time‑to‑market?
Learn more about how VXmodel can help to streamline your design process!
VXmodel assists throughout your product development cycle
- Reverse Engineering
- Packaging Design
- Measurement of Existing parts for Aftermarket or Custom Equipment
- Measurement of product environment or connecting/Surrounding parts
- Competitive Product Analysis
- Integration of Prototype Modifications into CAD File
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- CAD File Update to Reflect As‑built Tooling Measurements
- Custom Repairs/Modification
- Preservation, Restoration and Digital Archiving
Experience the power and potential of an integrated 3D scanning solution.
Find out how you can accelerate your development process with VXmodel