Count on Creaform’s expertise in reverse engineering if you need to generate 3D CAD models from existing objects (as-built), whether to determine the original design intent, modernize manufacturing processes, or design a new part to fit to a legacy part, for instance.
Looking for the Perfect Reverse Engineering Tools?
Creaform assists its customers at any stage of the product development process to deliver 3D CAD models and STL files with the proper reverse engineering tools.
- Parametric 3D modeling in generic or native file formats
- Hybrid modeling (design intent and as-built)
- Reconstruction from 3D scanning data, probing, 2D drawings, sketches, etc.
- Design modification from existing objects
- Data preparation for digital simulation
- 3D modeling of objects of all sizes
- Advanced Class-A surface modeling and Class-B surfacing
- Part design for injection molding (e.g. draft angle analysis, shrinkage ratio)
The Perfect Solution to Accelerate Your Reverse Engineering
Creaform reverse engineering and retrofitting experts have an extensive technical experience in managing incomplete component design data, eliminating original design flaws or failures, and increasing the efficiency of manufacturing processes by quickly delivering ready to use 3D CAD models (including freeform and NURBS surfaces).
Typical Reverse Engineering Projects Examples That We Can As
Among countless successful reverse engineering projects that required 3D scanning:
- Engineering of bespoke booms for a bulldozer platform
- Engineering of an aircraft interior
- Advanced surfacing on a supercar
- Development of a hockey helmet
- Heat transfer analysis for electric component
Our offices worldwide