Creaform’s MaxSHOT 3D lineup is a game changer for product development, manufacturing, quality control and inspection teams that need the highest measurement accuracy and repeatability as much for large‑scale projects than for parts from 2 to 10 m. Imagine achieving accuracy better than 0.015mm/m!
Thanks to its sophisticated user guidance technology and easy‑to‑use software, the MaxSHOT 3D is ideal for users of all levels—even non‑metrology experts—so that you gain peace of mind knowing your measurements are always right on the dot and you increase process efficiency.
If you consistently work on large‑scale projects, the MaxSHOT 3D is your go-to solution to slash budget-busting measurement mistakes, improve product quality, increase process efficiency—and minimize overall operating costs.
- Unmatched accuracy: 40% more accurate on parts ranging from 2 to 10 m in size
- Automatic feedback on measurement quality: Laser projected frame with GO/NO‑GO feedback on measurement pictures
- More reliable than just a traditional camera: Designed specifically for photogrammetric applications
- Maximized user comfort: 50% lighter than traditional photogrammetric devices
- Metrology-grade measurements: Benefit from accuracy levels of up to 0.015 mm as well as high repeatability
- Volumetric accuracy: As precise as 0.015 mm/m
- Average deviation: As little as 0.005 mm/m
- Automatic feedback on measurement quality: Laser projected frame with live GO/NO‑GO feedback on measurement pictures
- Software diagnostic tools: VXelements guides users to troubleshoot and provide feedback on images taken by users
- Intuitive controls and operations: Experience ultra‑short training and learning curves
- Multifunction buttons: Easily interact with VXelements, Creaform’s 3D scanning and measurement software
- Rugged and robust: Can be used in any production or harsh working environment—even right on the shop floor
- Bring it anywhere: The system and its accessories fit into one portable carrying case
- Maximum comfort: The MaxSHOT 3D features highly ergonomic design developed specifically for photogrammetric applications and measuring large parts
|MaxSHOT Next™||MaxSHOT Next™|Elite|
|Volumetric accuracy (1)||0.025 mm/m (0.0003 in/ft)||0.015 mm/m (0.00018 in/ft)|
|Average deviation (2)||0.008 mm/m (0.0001 in/ft))||0.005 mm/m (0.00006 in/ft))|
|Volumetric accuracy (when combined with)||HandySCAN 307™(3)
|0.020 mm + 0.025 mm/m
(0.0008 in + 0.0003 in/ft)
|0.020 mm + 0.015 mm/m
(0.0008 in + 0.00018 in/ft)
|Go!SCAN SPARK™(4)||0.050 mm + 0.025 mm/m
(0.0020 in + 0.0003 in/ft)
|0.050 mm + 0.015 mm/m
(0.0020 in + 0.00018 in/ft)
|HandyPROBE Next™ (5)
MetraSCAN 357™ (5)
MetraSCAN BLACK™ (5)
|0.060 mm + 0.025 mm/m
(0.0024 in + 0.0003 in/ft)
|0.060 mm + 0.015 mm/m
(0.0024 in + 0.00018 in/ft)
HandyPROBE Next™|Elite (5)
|0.044 mm + 0.025 mm/m
(0.0017 in + 0.0003 in/ft)
|0.044 mm + 0.015 mm/m
(0.0017 in + 0.00018 in/ft)
|Weight||0.79 kg (1.75 lb)|
|Dimensions||104 x 180 x 115 mm (4.1 x 7.1 x 4.5 in)|
|Operating temperature range||5-40°C (41-104°F)|
|Operating humidity range (non-condensing)||10-90%|
|Certifications||EC Compliance (Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, Low Voltage Directive), IP50, WEEE, Laser class (2M)|
(1) Based on the VDI/VDE 2634 part 1 standard. Performance is assessed with 35 lengths measurements taken on traceable artefacts (value = maximum deviation).
(2) Based on the VDI/VDE 2634 part 1 standard. Performance is assessed with 35 lengths measurements taken on traceable artefacts (value = average deviation).
(3) The volumetric accuracy performance of the system when using a MaxSHOT 3D cannot be superior to the default accuracy performance for a given model.
(4) The volumetric accuracy performance of the system when using a MaxSHOT 3D cannot be superior to the default accuracy
(5) The volumetric accuracy performance of the system when using a MaxSHOT 3D cannot be superior to the default volumetric accuracy performance for a given model.
Large parts are no match for the MaxSHOT 3D
Get the accuracy you need no matter how large the parts or the level of users
The MaxSHOT 3D can provide 3D measurements directly or work seamlessly with Creaform’s other technologies to perform 3D measurements on large parts
- Part-to-CAD analysis
- First article and supplier quality inspection
- Conformity assessment of 3D models against original large parts/production tooling
- Conformity assessment of large manufactured parts against the originals
- Tooling certification
- Full free-form inspection and high‑density color maps when used with a 3D scanner
- Reverse engineering of geometrical entities (spheres, cylinders, planes)
- Faster and more accurate reverse engineering of large mixed parts (geometrical and free‑form) when used with 3D scanner
VXelements: Creaform’s 3D software platform and application suite
The MaxSHOT 3D comes with VXelements, which powers our entire fleet of 3D scanning and measurement technologies. It combines all the essential tools you need for your data acquisition process into a user‑friendly, simplified and sleek working environment.
Invar Scale Bars Extension Kit
For larger projects requiring a better scale factor than the 1 m default scale bars provided with the MaxSHOT 3D, the Invar Scale Bars Extension Kit enables users to construct two custom‑length scale bars ranging from 0.5 m to 5 m in length. This multipurpose extension kit is the best way to get a more accurate scale factor for large part measurement.
MaxSHOT 3D Extension Pole
This precision-balanced extension pole with a Bluetooth remote control allows you to mount your MaxSHOT 3D securely and swivel it in a range of directions that will enable users to easily get positions and orientations that are otherwise difficult to reach.
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- New ultra-smooth extension and retraction system
- Easy-to-use locking mechanism
- Precision balanced
MaxSHOT 3D Optical Probing Accessories
Use your MaxSHOT 3D as an optical probing device and get direct 3D measurements for various types of features: hole location, edge location, surface points, etc.
Measuring large parts has never been this accurate, intuitive and easy
The MaxSHOT 3D lineup: making high‑performance photogrammetry accessible to all