Are you struggling with your industrial robots’ poor absolute accuracy?
Most robots have good repeatability, but poor absolute accuracy. That means that a program taught on one robot is not transferable to another robot. What’s more: if you want to program the robot in absolute coordinates, it will make errors of up to several millimeters.
Creaform’s robot calibration services can improve your industrial robots’ absolute accuracy by a factor of 10. Use our on-site calibration services to:
- Get accurate programs immediately without rejogging or reprogramming your robots
- Replicate programs across multiple robots using offline programming (OLP) tools—eliminating productivity losses and costly production downtimes
- Enable your calibrated robot to perform tasks that used to require expensive CNC machines
Our team of metrology professionals can calibrate almost any industrial robot quickly, affordably and in typical shop-floor environments where other methods fail. No need to send your robot back to the manufacturer!
Why Choose Creaform’s Robot Calibration Service?
- Proven, documented accuracy improvement, generally 10x and often to sub-millimetric
- Faster and more affordable than traditional methods
- A calibration approach that can withstand shop floor vibrations that affect other systems
- Robot calibration can be performed on-site, in-cell, and with a real tool and payload throughout the working volume, including additional axes
- Calibration of over 275 robot models; previously jogged programs remain compatible
- Dynamic path-tracking of tool position, speed and pose. ISO 9283 tests and validation
Typical Accuracy Improvement
Calibrate any robot make, any model, anywhere.
Creaform can calibrate over 400 robots including those from KUKA, ABB, Motoman, Fanuc, Staubli, Kawasaki, Comau, Nachi, GSK, Denso, Adept, Mitsubishi, Universal Robots, Toshiba, Panasonic, OTC Daihen, Epson and Yamaha.
Some robot manufacturers don’t offer absolute accuracy calibration at all or only offer it at their factory or only at time of purchase. And they only calibrate to the tool flange, not to the TCP with real-life payload and tool. Dismantling your cell and shipping your robot to Japan or Germany is not a viable option. Creaform can come to you and in just a few hours, calibrate your robot in its cell with its tool.
Once calibrated, your old robot can do a lot more jobs, including low-end CNC jobs that used to require an expensive CNC machine.
Calibrating Your Robot to Absolute Accuracy Has Never Been So Easy
Creaform’s industrial robot calibration services will not only improve absolute accuracy but also boost productivity and virtually eliminate expensive downtime due to jogging and tweaking programs with the teach pendant.
3D Metrology Services
Ask for Help from Our Creaform Experts!
They can help you with your projects! Creaform’s skills and reliability are unmatched. All our services are tailored to your needs.Learn more