Because we know that you are serious about your work, we have developed an extensive line of handheld 3D scanners that will work wherever you need them to. Our scanners feature the TRUaccuracy technology, that guarantees accuracy no matter the environment, part set-up or the user’s level of experience. Thousands of units later, our 3D laser scanners are living up to their reputation of reliability and versatility.
Serious work. Serious technology. Introducing the Handyscan 3D scanners.
Looking for the most efficient way to reverse engineer and/or design? The REVscan will prove to be a reliable tool that will help you get there.
The MAXscan is the obvious choice for 3D scanning of larger parts. It features the Handyscan 3D high-accuracy, enhanced with photogrammetry capabilities.
Need high-resolution 3D colour data and shape? The VIUscan will capture every detail and deliver hyperrealistic results.
Portable: fits into a case the size of a carry-on.
Handheld and lightweight: the scanner weights about 1 kg.
On-the-go scanning: take it from plant to plant and use it in-house or on site.
Small size: easy access to confined areas.
Freedom of movement: there are no mechanical constraints. Flexible stand-off distance, which makes it possible to reach confined areas.
High accuracy: generates accurate, repeatable, high resolution 3D data (0.040-0.050 mm).
Dynamic referencing: optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that’s “locked” to the part itself. User can move the object any way he wants during scanning session. Changes in surrounding environment have no impact on data acquisition quality or accuracy.
Reliable: consistent results across all work conditions or environments.
Self-positioning: the Handyscan 3D scanner is a data acquisition system and its own positioning system. This means that no external tracking or positioning devices is required. It uses triangulation to determine its relative position to the part in real time.
On-demand user calibration: the scanner can be calibrated as often as necessary (day-to-day basis or before each new scanning session). Calibration takes about 2 minutes and guarantees optimal operation.
User-friendly: very short learning curve, no matter the user’s experience level. Up and running in less than 2 minutes.
Direct Mesh Output: real-time visualization of the scanned surface.
Versatile: virtually limitless 3D scanning – no matter the part size, complexity, material or colour.
Resume function: a few positioning targets can be used to instantly resume your scan after a pause.
The Handyscan 3D scanners come with VXelements, a fully-integrated 3D data acquisition software that powers its entire fleet of 3D scanning and measurement technologies. It gathers all the essential elements and tools into a uniform, user-friendly and intuitive working environment.
VXscan is entirely dedicated to the acquisition and optimization of 3D scanning data. It delivers high performance for that specific task, yet it is simple and user-friendly enough to suit any user's experience level.
- Surface optimization algorithm that avoids the creation of multiple scan layers and ensures a more accurate meshing without any post-treatment;
- The output is an optimized meshing that can be exported in all standard formats;
- No limitation to the scan resolution: just input a resolution value, independent from the size of the scanned object. Resolution can be changed at any time before/after the scan. The software can recreate a meshing from the raw data previously acquired;
- Surface is rendered in real time (the user can view the 3D surface as the object is being scanned);
- The creation, from the meshing, of geometrical entities;
- Other functionalities such as optimization of the meshing such as hole filling, smart decimation (without definition loss on the meshing), or boundary filters.
VXelements is now compatible with your tablet and intelligent phone! No matter where you are, you can remotely interact with VXelements and have all its data acquisition functionalities at your fingertips. This is freedom at its best!
- 3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions)
- InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks)
- Dassault (CATIA V5, SolidWorks)
- PTC (Pro/ENGINEER)
- Siemens (NX and Solid Edge)
- Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage)
Your software platform isn’t in the list? Contact us!
Reverse Engineering / Styling, Design and Analysis
- 3D scan-to-CAD
- Styling and design modifications
- As-built CAD modifications
- Class A surfacing
- Vehicle design & styling
- Aftermarket part design
- Digital models and mock-ups
- Clay model digitizing
- Custom part design
- Die and mold design
- Mechanical design
- Tooling and jig design
- Packaging design
- Rapid prototyping / 3D printing
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
- Maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO)
- Non-contact inspection
- Part-to-CAD inspection
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- First article inspection
- Production compliance inspection
- Supplier quality inspection
- Tool testing and adjustment
- Die and mold inspection
- Casting inspection
- Aircraft component inspection
- Vehicle inspection
Museology / Heritage Preservation
- Preservation, restoration and digital archiving
- 3D scanning for research, analysis and publishing
- Computer graphics and special effects
- Virtual reality / augmented reality (serious gaming, 3D training systems)