The MetraSCAN 3D R-Series is a powerful robot-mounted 3D scanner that can be integrated into factory automation projects. Unlike existing solutions, this innovative robotized solution is the only one that features TRUaccuracy for automated quality control applications. Our precision robot 3D scanner enables manufacturing companies to harness the power of optical measurements and industrial automation. It is a fast, reliable, and versatile solution that doesn't force users to compromise on measurements accuracy of the quality control process on the production line. The industrial robot maximizes production cycle and throughput resulting in better product quality.
- Productivity Station for 24/7 operations
- C-Track/MetraSCAN 3D R-Series automatic calibration
- Sturdy design for shop-floor hardware reliability
- Metrology-grade measurements: accuracy of up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in), resolution of up to 0.050 mm (0.0020 in), high repeatability and traceable certificate
- Volumetric accuracy of 0.064 mm (0.0025 in)
- Dynamic referencing: optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that is “locked” to the part. It enables the part to be moved and eliminates the impact of vibrations on the measurement process and results.
- Accurate measurement of parts ranging from 0.3 m to 10 m (0.7 ft to 33 ft)
- Automatic field calibration procedure: No accuracy drift over time
- Simple user interface designed to minimize operator interaction and help perform inspection automatically.
- Short learning curve and intuitive operation
- C-Track/ MetraSCAN 3D R-Series automatic calibration
- Scan any type of material, even black, multicolored and shiny surfaces
- No rigid setup required: the part and the system can be moved freely at any time during measurement
- Greater extendable measurement volume of 16.6 m3 (586 ft3)
- Automatic alignment: optical reflectors allow repetitive inspection without realignment
- Multifunction remote control for easier scanning sequence programming.
- Highly productive solution with 24/7 capabilities and fast automatic calibration
- Highest measurement rate among all laser scanners: 480,000 measurements/s
- Automatic mesh output: ready-to-use files, right as you complete acquisition
- Quick workflow integration: fastest path from physical objects to your inspection workflow
- Large scanning area with 7 laser crosses
|MetraSCAN 750-R™||MetraSCAN 750-R™|Elite|
|Accuracy (1)||Up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in)|
|Volumetric Accuracy (2)
(based on working volume)
|9.1 m3 (320 ft3)||0.086 mm
|Volumetric Accuracy (2)
(based on working volume)
|16.6 m3 (586 ft3)||0.122 mm
|Volumetric accuracy with MaxSHOT 3D (3)||MaxSHOT Next™||0.060 mm + 0.025 mm/m
(0.0024 in + 0.0003 in/ft)
|0.044 mm + 0.025 mm/m
(0.0017 in + 0.0003 in/ft)
|Volumetric accuracy with MaxSHOT 3D (3)||MaxSHOT Next™|Elite||0.060 mm + 0.015 mm/m
(0.0024 in + 0.00018 in/ft)
|0.044 mm + 0.015 mm/m
(0.0017 in + 0.00018 in/ft)
|Resolution||0.050 mm (0.0020 in)|
|Scanning area||275 x 250 mm (10.8 x 9.8 in)|
|Stand-off distance||300 mm (11.8 in)|
|Depth of field||200 mm (7.9 in)|
|Light source||7 laser crosses (+ 1 extra line)|
|Laser class||2M (eye safe)|
|Measurement rate||480,000 measurements/s|
|Weight||Scanner: 4.46 kg (9.83 lbs)
Scanner + Calibration bar: 5.70 kg (12.57 lbs)
C-Track: 5.7 kg (12.5 lbs)
|Inertia Limit||J6: 0.221 Kg-m2 (5.24 lb-ft2)
J6: 2.250 Kgf-cm-s2 (1.95 lbf-in-s2)
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||289 x 235 x 296 mm
(11.4 x 9.3 x 11.7 in)
|Operating temperature range||5–40°C (41–104°F)|
|Operating humidity range (non-condensing)||10–90%|
|Certifications||EC Compliance (Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, Low Voltage Directive, Radio Equipment and Telecommunications Equipment), compatible with rechargeable batteries (when applicable), IP50, WEEE|
(1) Typical value for diameter measurement on a calibrated sphere artefact.
(2) Based on the ASME B89.4.22 standard. Performance is assessed with traceable length artefacts by measuring these at different locations and orientations within the working volume of the C-Track (value = maximum deviation). Performance of the MetraSCAN 3D R-Series is dependent on the working volume in which the measurement is made: 9.1 m3 (320 ft3) or 16.6 m3 (586 ft3).
(3) The volumetric accuracy of the system when using a MaxSHOT 3D cannot be superior to the default volumetric accuracy of the chosen system and model.
You can’t compromise on quality?
Rely on automated metrology-grade 3D scanning optimized for shop floor conditions
The MetraSCAN 3D R-Series makes highly accurate measurements possible—right on the production line.
- In-line inspections in mass production, up to a few hundred parts/day
- In-line inspections of parts ranging from 0.3 m to 10 m
- Stamping parts (car body panel, car door, front end, etc.)
- Inspection of large parts
- Body in white (BIW)
- Supplier product quality inspections
- Conformity assessments of 3D models against original parts or production tooling
- Conformity assessments of manufactured parts against originals
VXelements: Creaform’s 3D software platform and application suite
The robot-mounted optical CMM scanners are powered by Creaform’s VXelements™ 3D platform and application suite, which powers our entire fleet of 3D scanning and measurement technologies. It combines all the essential tools you need for your data acquisition process into a user-friendly, simplified and sleek working environment. Its real-time visualization capabilities provide a simple, yet efficient 3D scanning experience for enhanced on-line productivity.
The MetraSCAN 3D R-Series is compatible with leading inspection software
R-Series Productivity Station
This productivity station addresses applications with high productivity requirements—when cycle times need to be reduced and productivity increased.
- Multitasking: Allows users to carry out data acquisition while simultaneously analyzing previously acquired data so that the robot can operate continuously
- Robust industrial design adapted for workshop conditions and environments
- Divided into three sections: computer modules, C-Track controllers and intuitive tactile screen for simplified use of the whole system
- Reliable industrial PC network for increased throughput
- What’s included:
- Industrial network computers
- C-Track controller
- Designed to meet NEMA 12 environment
- Easy to move on wheels
- Electrical power supply 200-240VAC 50Hz/60Hz
- Can include the R-Series I/O Module (EtherNet/IP) or R-Series I/O Module (hardware), VXelements (scan parallelization module)
R-Series Autocalibration Kit
The kit allows to completely and automatically calibrate the C-Track and MetraSCAN 3D R-Series. It enables Creaform’s automated inspection solution to have all the tools needed for applications requiring no human involvement.
This industrial-grade tool changer allows users to be assured of the measurement system's reliability by planning the calibration of the C-Track and MetraSCAN 3D R-Series during opportune times throughout the manufacturing process.
The calibration trajectories of the C-Track have been optimized for maximum efficiency and simplicity of robotic applications as well as ensuring a good fit with the robots' kinematics.
Virtual Metrology Lab
Take full advantage of the C-Link functionality by connecting up to 4 C-Tracks in a single network to create a virtual metrology lab. This dimensional inspection solution, designed for metrology lab applications, enables seamless probing and 3D scanning operations without having to move the C-Track optical tracker around.
The MaxSHOT 3D™ portable optical coordinate measuring system is a complementary product that provides data accuracy and speed of photogrammetry to the wide range of applications already possible with Creaform technologies, especially when it comes to larger parts.
Creaform Shop-Floor Workstation and Stand
The Creaform Shop-Floor Workstation is designed to facilitate mobility across the shop floor and increase reliability by protecting your scanning and probing systems while still in operation or when stored (two stands with C-Tracks can fit in the workstation).
The Creaform C-Track Shop-Floor Stand, available as stand-alone or bundled with the workstation, increases the stability of the C-Track and facilitates mobility around the part while still in operation.
Want to increase productivity and efficiency with optical measurements and industrial automation?
Our experts can help you take your dimensional inspection to the next level.