HandySCAN 3D|MAX Series
The HandySCAN 3D line-up is known as the industry standard in portable metrology-grade 3D scanners and a recognized, proven and trusted technology. Combining the inherent benefits of the HandySCAN 3D, the MAX Series is optimized to acquire highly accurate 3D measurements on large and complex parts with no surface preparation required.
Innovating technology that provides accuracy, simplicity, portability as well as real speed to your metrology-grade applications.
|HandySCAN MAX™||HandySCAN MAX™|Elite|
(based on part size)
|0.200 mm + 0.030 mm/m
(0.0079 in + 0.00032 in/ft)
|0.100 mm + 0.015 mm/m
(0.0039 in + 0.00018 in/ft)
|Measurement capabilities (at a working distance of 0.5 m (1.65 ft))||Pin||2.50 mm
|Measurement resolution||0.04 mm
|Mesh resolution||0.4 mm
|Measurement rate||2 250 000 measurements/s|
|Light source||38 blue laser lines|
|Scanning area||1 x 1 m
(3.3 x 3.3 ft)
|Working distance||0.45 to 1.60 m
(1.5 to 5.2 ft)
|0.30 to 2.50 m
(1.0 to 8.2 ft)
|Depth of field||1.15 m
|Part size range (recommended)||1–10 m
|Output formats||.dae, .fbx, .ma, .obj, .ply, .stl, .txt, .wrl, .x3d, .x3dz, .zpr, .3mf|
|Compatible software(4)||3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions), InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks), Metrologic Group (Metrolog X4), New River Kinematics (Spatial Analyzer), Verisurf, Dassault Systèmes (CATIA V5, SOLIDWORKS), PTC (Creo), Siemens (NX, Solid Edge), Autodesk (Inventor, PowerINSPECT)|
|133 x 79 x 435 mm
(5.2 x 3.10 x 17.10 in)
|Connection standard||1 X USB 3.0|
|Operating temperature range||5-40 °C
|Operating humidity range
|Certifications||EC Compliance (Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, Low Voltage Directive), compatible with rechargeable batteries (when applicable), IP50, WEEE|
|Patents||CA 2,600,926, US 7,912,673, CA 2,656,163, EP (FR, UK, DE) 1,877,726, AU 2006222458, US 8,032,327, JP 4,871,352, US 8,140,295, EP (FR, UK, DE) 2,278,271, EP (FR, UK, DE) 2,230,482, IN 266,573, US 7,487,063, CA 2,529,044, EP (FR, UK, DE) 3,102,908, US 10,271,039, JP 6,596,433, CA 2,938,104, KR 10-2424135|
(1) HandySCAN MAX and HandySCAN MAX|Elite (ISO 17025 accredited): Based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 standard. Probing error performance is assessed with diameter measurements on traceable sphere artefacts. Results are obtained at stand-off distance of 0.6 m and 1.2 m (1.98 ft and 3.96 ft).
(2) HandySCAN MAX and HandySCAN MAX|Elite (ISO 17025 accredited): Based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 standard. Sphere-spacing error is assessed with traceable length artefacts by measuring these at different locations and orientations within the working volume. Results are obtained at stand-off distance of 0.6 m and 1.2 m (1.98 ft and 3.96 ft) and using integrated photogrammetry with volumetric accuracy optimization.
(3) The volumetric accuracy of the system when using a MaxSHOT 3D cannot be superior to the default accuracy of the chosen system and model
(4) Also compatible with all major metrology, CAD, and computer graphic software through mesh and point cloud import.
Creaform’s worldwide support, repair, and calibration metrology centres
Creaform’s metrology centres are located around the world and offer the following services* in different languages:
- Software and hardware technical support helpline
- 3D scanner basic and advanced repair
- Equipment maintenance, tuning and calibration
- Loaner services
- 3D scanner component replacement
- Parts reselling
- Warranty renewal
* Services may vary depending on each metrology center.Ask our experts
Developed using rigorous manufacturing processes
Creaform designs, manufactures, and calibrates HandySCAN 3D scanners with the highest quality management system according to internationally recognized standards ISO 9001 and ISO 17025.
HandySCAN 3D|MAX series acceptance test is based on VDI\VDE 2635 part 3 which is ISO 17025 accredited to guarantee traceability to international standards.
Each scanner is delivered with a personalized certification and fully documented test results.
International Metrology High-Quality Standards
At Creaform, product and service quality is our top priority. Being pioneers in portable 3D measurement, we are committed to exceeding our customer requirements by developing innovative solutions. We are invested in continuously improving processes, setting new standards for the industry and ensuring full satisfaction of our clientele.