The HandySCAN 3D technical specifications make it the reference in high-end, portable 3D measurement technology. Featuring TRUaccuracy, TRUsimplicity, TRUportability, and unmatched measurement speed, they capture high-quality measuring data regardless of environmental changes or part movement. Thanks to this 3D scanner’s specifications like accuracy, measurement rate, high resolution, and software compatibility, it is an ideal tool for production quality assurance and product development applications.
Innovating technology that provides TRUaccuracy™, TRUsimplicity™, TRUportability™ as well as real speed to your metrology-grade applications.
|HandySCAN 307™||HandySCAN BLACK™||HandySCAN BLACK™ | Elite|
|Accuracy(1)||Up to 0.040 mm
(based on part size)
|0.020 mm + 0.100 mm/m
(0.0008 in + 0.0012 in/ft)
|0.020 mm + 0.060 mm/m
(0.0008 in + 0.0007 in/ft)
|0.020 mm + 0.040 mm/m
(0.0008 in + 0.0005 in/ft)
|Volumetric accuracy with MaxSHOT Next™ | Elite(3)||0.020 mm + 0.015 mm/m
(0.0008 in + 0.00018 in/ft)
|Measurement resolution||0.100 mm
|Mesh resolution||0.200 mm
|Measurement rate||480,000 measurements/s||800,000 measurements/s||1,300,000 measurements/s|
|Light source||7 red laser crosses||7 blue laser crosses||11 blue laser crosses
(+ 1 extra line)
|Scanning area||275 x 250 mm
(10.8 x 9.8 in)
|310 x 350 mm
(12.2 x 13.8 in)
|Stand-off distance||300 mm
|Depth of field||250 mm
|Part size range (recommended)||0.1–4 m
|Output formats||.dae, .fbx, .ma, .obj, .ply, .stl, .txt, .wrl, .x3d, .x3dz, .zpr, .3mf|
|Compatible software4||3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions), InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks), Metrologic Group (Metrolog X4), New River Kinematics (Spatial Analyzer), Verisurf, Dassault Systèmes (CATIA V5, SOLIDWORKS), PTC (Creo), Siemens (NX, Solid Edge), Autodesk (Inventor, PowerINSPECT)|
|122 x 77 x 294 mm
(4.8 x 3.0 x 11.6 in)
|142 x 79 x 288 mm
(5.6 x 3.1 x 11.3 in)
|Connection standard||1 X USB 3.0|
|Operating temperature range||5-40 °C
|Operating humidity range
|Certifications||EC Compliance (Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, Low Voltage Directive), compatible with rechargeable batteries (when applicable), IP50, WEEE|
|Patents||CA 2,600,926, CN 200680014069.3, US 7,912,673, CA 2,656,163, EP (FR, UK, DE) 1,877,726, AU 2006222458, US 8,032,327, JP 4,871,352, US 8,140,295, EP (FR, UK, DE) 2,278,271, EP (FR, UK, DE) 2,230,482, IN 266,573, US 7,487,063, CA 2,529,044, EP (FR, UK, DE) 3,102,908, US 15/114,563, CN 201580007340X|
(1) HandySCAN BLACK and HandySCAN BLACK Ι Elite (ISO 17025 accredited): Based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 standard. Probing error performance is assessed with diameter measurements on traceable sphere artefacts (ISO 17025 accredited). HandySCAN 307: Typical value for diameter measurement on a calibrated sphere artefact.
(2) HandySCAN BLACK and HandySCAN BLACK Ι Elite (ISO 17025 accredited): Based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 standard. Sphere-spacing error is assessed with traceable length artefacts by measuring these at different locations and orientations within the working volume. HandySCAN 307: Value for spheres spacing measurement on a calibrated length artefact.
(3) The volumetric accuracy of the system when using a MaxSHOT 3D cannot be superior to the default volumetric accuracy of the chosen system and model.
(4) Also compatible with all major metrology, CAD, and computer graphic software through mesh and point cloud import.
International Support, Repair, and Calibration 3D Metrology Centers
Our Centers are located all around the world and offer the following services* in different languages.
- Software and hardware Technical Support Helpline
- 3D scanner basic and advanced repair
- Equipment maintenance and tuning
- Loaner services
- 3D scanner component replacement
- Parts reselling
- Warranty renewal
* Services may vary depending on 3D metrology centers.Ask our expert
Rigorous Manufacturing 3D Scanner Process
Creaform designs, manufactures, and calibrates HandySCAN 3D scanners with the highest quality management system according to internationally recognized standards ISO 9001 and ISO 17025.
HandySCAN BLACK’s acceptance test is based on VDI\VDE 2634 which is ISO 17025 accredited to guarantee traceability to international standards.
Each scanner is delivered with a personalized certification and fully documented test results.
International Metrology High-Quality Standards
At Creaform, product and service quality is our top priority. Being pioneers in portable 3D measurement, we are committed to exceeding our customer requirements by developing innovative solutions. We are invested in continuously improving processes, setting new standards for the industry and ensuring full satisfaction of our clientele.