April 3, 2013
Lévis, April 3, 2013 – Creaform, leader in portable 3D measurement solutions and 3D Engineering Services, is proud to introduce the new Health Care Partner 3D Scanner, the only handheld 3D scanner developed specifically for human body scanning. Based on the Go!SCAN 3D technology, the HCP 3D Scanner offers high accuracy, portability and intuitiveness to people in need of a 3D scanning device for human body measurements.
Health Care Partner 3D scanner highlights
- Scanning sessions are extremely short, which makes for shortened consultation times and leads to more patients being treated.
- What you see is what you get: 3D surface is generated as you scan, which makes for minimal waiting time.
- Handheld and lightweight (1.1 kg), it is very easy to use, and can be operated by any technician without prior experience.
- Non contact, non invasive 3D scan process for minimal discomfort for the patient.
- Dynamic referencing means that slight movements from the patients won’t impact the measurement accuracy.
- API integration: You can seamlessly integrate the power of the HCP 3D scanner into your health care solution through our API.
“The Health Care Partner 3D scanner has been designed with health care providers in mind, said François Leclerc, product manager for Health Care Solutions. The technology that it is based on allows the production of customized and perfectly-fitted devices. 3D files are so much easier to send to fabrication centers than plaster casts or other molds that turnaround times also get significantly reduced. We are convinced that the HCP 3D scanner will be of great help to health care providers from a wide range of specialties like O&P, pediatrics, plastic and aesthetics surgery and breast cancer specialists.”
Creaform’s distribution strategy is to sell the Health Care 3D Partner scanner through key business partners like French Rodin 4D, which offers a complete CAD/CAM system as an answer to professional issues specific to the orthopedics field unlike other systems coming from the industrial circuit.
Creaform has OEM agreements with major players like Canada-based TechMed 3D, that provides user-friendly post-treatment interface software mainly focused on digital measurement of the human body, particularly in O&P, plastic surgery and tailored personal equipment markets. In partnership with Rodin 4D, TechMed 3D also offers a complete CAD/CAM system as an answer to Canadian O&P professionals looking for the ultimate productivity tool.
American Willow Wood is active in the O&P industry since 1907 and provides quality prosthetic products that allow amputees to lead functionally normal lifestyles. It has been in a close partnership with Creaform going back to 2006.
The company intends to enter new OEM agreements with major partners that are active in specific market niches complementary to those occupied by Creaform and its current partners.