CUBE-R™ is a fast, reliable, and efficient complete turnkey solution for automated quality control applications. This automated 3D measuring machine features MetraSCAN 3D-R, a powerful robot-mounted optical 3D scanner that can be integrated into factory automation systems without compromising on accuracy. It is the perfect alternative to solve any productivity issues caused by bottlenecks at the traditional coordinate measuring machine (CMM). Unlike existing solutions, our 3D scanning machine enables manufacturing companies to harness the power of optical 3D measurement and industrial automation. This CMM measuring machine optimizes the production cycle and throughput resulting in better product quality.
- High productivity: Performs inspection up to hundreds of parts a day (even on complex surfaces)
- Complete turnkey solution: No integration required, fully enclosed and shop-floor-ready
- Smaller factory footprint: A complete 4.1 m x 4.1 m x 3.1 m turnkey solution with a flexible shop-floor configuration.
- Multitasking: Maximizes the production cycle and throughput by offering a simultaneous operation of data acquisition and analysis to get continuous and uninterrupted measurement flow
- Automatic field calibration procedure: No accuracy drift over time and continuous operation
- Robust industrial design: Adapted for shop-floor conditions and environments
- Metrology-grade measurements: Accuracy of up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in), resolution of up to 0.050 mm (0.0020 in), high repeatability and traceable certificates
- Volumetric accuracy: Up to 0.078 mm (0.0031 in)
- Integrated photogrammetry: Automated process to maximize volumetric accuracy
- Dynamic referencing: Optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that is “locked” to the part. The system enables the part to be moved and eliminates the impact of vibrations on the measurement process and results
- Part size range: Parts up to 3 m (9.84 ft)
- Automatic field calibration procedure: No accuracy drift over time
- Complete turnkey solution: No integration required, fully enclosed and shop-floor ready
- Smaller factory footprint: A complete 4.1 m x 4.1 m x 3.1 m turnkey solution with a flexible shop-floor configuration; 3 m parts can rotate (360o) freely at any time during measurement
- Simple user interface: Designed to minimize operator interaction and help perform automatic inspections
- No human involvement needed: Can be operated by a simple touch of a button.
- Minimum operator training: Easy-to-use and short learning curve to keep up with a fast production pace
- Multipurpose: Scans any type of material, even black, multicolored and shiny surfaces
- Automatic alignment: Optical reflectors enable repetitive inspection without realignment
- Multifunction remote control: Allows easier scanning sequence programming
- High productivity: Performs inspections of up to hundreds of parts a day (even on complex surfaces)
- Multitasking: Optimizes the production cycle and throughput by offering a simultaneous operation of data acquisition and analysis to generate a continuous and uninterrupted measurement flow
- Highest measurement rate among all laser scanners: 480,000 measurements/s
- Automatic mesh output: Ready-to-use files, right as acquisition is completed
- Quick workflow integration: Fastest path from physical objects to inspection workflow
- Large scanning area: 7 laser crosses
|Dimensions||4.1 m x 4.1 m x 3.1 m|
|Max. part size||Up to 3 m|
|Max. part weight||Up to 1000 kg|
|Entry||Rolling door with safety|
|Opening width||3.1 m|
|Floor mounting or fixing||Required|
|Loading concept||Manual, transport cart, pallet truck, forklift truck|
|Accuracy (1)||Up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in)|
|Volumetric Accuracy (2)||Up to 3- m parts (9.84 ft)||0.078 mm
|Resolution||0.050 mm (0.0020 in)|
|Scanning area||275 x 250 mm (10.8 x 9.8 in)|
|Stand-off distance||300 mm (11.8 in)|
|Depth of field||200 mm (7.9 in)|
|Light source||7 laser crosses (+ 1 extra line)|
|Laser class||2M (eye safe)|
|Measurement rate||480,000 measurements/s|
|Weight||Scanner: 4.46 kg (9.83 lbs)
Scanner + Calibration bar: 5.70 kg (12.57 lbs)
C-Track: 5.7 kg (12.5 lbs)
|Inertia Limit||J6: 0.221 Kg-m2 (5.24 lb-ft2)
J6: 2.250 Kgf-cm-s2 (1.95 lbf-in-s2)
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||289 x 235 x 296 mm
(11.4 x 9.3 x 11.7 in)
|Operating temperature range||5–40°C (41–104°F)|
|Operating humidity range (non-condensing)||10–90%|
|Certifications||EC Compliance (Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, Low Voltage Directive, Radio Equipment and Telecommunications Equipment), compatible with rechargeable batteries (when applicable), IP50, WEEE|
(1) Typical value for diameter measurement on a calibrated sphere artefact.
(2) Based on the ASME B89.4.22 standard. Performance is assessed with traceable length artefacts by measuring these at different locations and orientations within the working volume of the C-Track (value = maximum deviation).
Don’t compromise on accuracy?
Rely on automated metrology-grade 3D scanning optimized for shop-floor conditions
The MetraSCAN 3D-R makes highly accurate measurements possible for at-line inspections
- At-line inspections in mass production, up to a few hundred parts/day
- At-line inspections of parts ranging up to 3 m
- Stamping parts (car body panel, car door, front end, etc.)
- Large parts inspection
- Body in white (BIW)
- Quality control inspections of supplier parts
- Conformity assessments of 3D models against original parts or production tooling
- Conformity assessments of manufactured parts against originals
VXelements: Creaform’s 3D software platform and application suite
3D scanning CMMs are powered by Creaform’s VXelements™ 3D platform and application suite for our entire fleet of 3D scanning and measurement technologies. It combines all essential tools needed for data acquisition process into a user-friendly, simplified and sleek interface. Its real-time visualization capabilities provide a simple, yet efficient, 3D scanning experience.
For automated applications, users can benefit from the productivity interface, which provides real-time performance indicators.
The Metrascan 3D-R is compatible with leading inspection software
R-Series Productivity Station
This productivity station addresses applications with high productivity requirements, such as when cycle times need to be reduced and productivity increased.
- Multitasking: Allows users to carry out data acquisition while simultaneously analyzing previously acquired data enabling the robot to operate continuously
- Simple user interface: Designed to minimize operator interaction and help perform automatic inspection
- Robust industrial design: Adapted for workshop conditions and environments
- Divided into three sections:
- Computer modules
- C-Track controllers
- Intuitive tactile screen for simplified use
- Reliable industrial PC network: For increased throughput
- What’s included:
- Industrial network computers
- C-Track controller
- Designed to meet NEMA 12 environment
- Easy to move on wheels
- Electrical power supply 200-240VAC 50 Hz/60 Hz
- Can include the R-Series I/O Module (EtherNet/IP) or R-Series I/O Module (hardware), VXelements (scan parallelization module)
R-Series Industrial Computer
Rackmount computer without a screen and keyboard.
- Processor: Intel i7 6700 3.4 GHz (4+ cores)
- Operating System: Windows 10 64 bits
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro P1000
- Memory: 64 GB
- Hard Drive: 1 TB SSD
- Connecting ports: USB 3.0
R-Series Mounting Plate
Removable tray designed for long-term fixture installations. Essential for customers with a variety of part sizes and/or type.
WANT TO INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY WITH OPTICAL MEASUREMENTS AND INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION?
Our experts can help you take your dimensional inspection to the next level.